The Proposal/Funding Process
In April 2015, the CRC approved several modifications to its policy for awarding research funding to achieve greater impact for the industry. The new parameters and process are below.
- The maximum CRC project funding is $50,000 per project. Funding capability is determined annually in mid-summer.
- A “call for proposal” is issued annually in August.
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator on only one proposal submitted.
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are encouraged. The minimum project cost sharing shall include 0% overhead (indirect return). Non-compliant proposals in this regard will be returned without review.
- Principal investigators shall follow the published CRC Grant Proposal Guide, which includes a requirement that an ACI Technical Committee must endorse the project.
- The proposal submission due date is December 1. Proposals submitted after the due date will be returned without review.
- Selection of awarded projects and notification to principal investigators is shortly after the ACI Spring Concrete Convention and Exposition.
Submit proposals to: Ann Daugherty, ACI Foundation Director
Advance the knowledge and sustainable aspects of concrete materials, construction and structures by soliciting and selecting research proposals in coordination with the ACI technical committees where possible.
Research Needs as Identified by Industry and ACI Members
The ACI Foundation supports ACI’s vision of “…effectively meeting the needs of a changing world” by promoting the generation of ideas and research to provide new information
The Concrete Research Council encourages the concrete industry to bring forth research needs that will benefit the concrete industry. The Concrete Research Council is mindful of the needs of ACI committees, and submitted proposals must include an ACI Committee endorsement.
Research ideas should be submitted online to the Concrete Research Network Website
Questions and comments should be directed to the ACI Foundation Director, Ann Daugherty.
CRC Voting Members Work Page
CRC Awards Committee Work Page
Batching and placing concrete for blocks used in research project User’s Guide to Green Concrete in Building Construction. Five-cubic-yard batches were prepared for six different mixtures. Each batch produced three 30x30x60-in. blocks cured in three different ways and cylinders used for lab and field testing at varying ages. Photo credit to Central Concrete Supply.
Major Funder: Charles Pankow Foundation
Minor Co-funder: ACI Foundation