2016 Awarded Research Projects
The ACI Foundation’s steadfast commitment to progress, innovation, and collaboration within the concrete industry led to the decision to provide grants to four projects this year. The quality of the research proposal submissions to CRC was outstanding and showed significant support from ACI technical committees and the concrete industry and also included cost sharing from universities at various levels. Additional Information about each project can be found by clicking the link below.
Advance the knowledge and sustainable aspects of concrete materials, construction and structures by soliciting and selecting research proposals in coordination with the ACI technical committees where possible.
The Proposal/Funding Process
The CRC has opened its call for research proposals that advance the knowledge and sustainable aspects of concrete materials, construction, and structures.
- Maximum CRC funding is $50,000 per project.
- CRC will fund up to two worthy research projects for the 2017 cycle.
- The call for proposals is open to topics from all areas of concrete research.
- An important requirement is a letter of support of the research concept by an ACI Technical Committee.
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator on only one proposal submitted.
- Industry partnering and project cost sharing are encouraged.
- CRC issues gift grants, thus is not subject to overhead charges. Non-compliant proposals in this regard will be returned without review.
- Principal investigators shall follow the published CRC Grant Proposal Guide.
- The proposal submission due date is December 1, 2016. Proposals submitted after the due date will be returned without review.
- Selection of awarded projects and notification to principal investigators is shortly after the 2017 ACI Spring Concrete Convention and Exposition.
Submit proposals to Ann Daugherty, ACI Foundation Director.
Submit the entire package in a single PDF. Separate letters of support or other supporting information will not be accepted.
CRC Grant Proposal Guide.pdf
Research Needs as Identified by Industry and ACI Members
The ACI Foundation supports ACI’s vision of “…effectively meeting the needs of a changing world” by promoting the generation of ideas and research to provide new information.
The Concrete Research Council encourages the concrete industry to bring forth research needs that will benefit the concrete industry. The Concrete Research Council is mindful of the needs of ACI committees, and submitted proposals must include an ACI Committee endorsement.
Research ideas should be submitted online to the Concrete Research Network website.